‘’The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate’’ – Oprah Winfrey
When did you last celebrate your Life?
When we hear the word celebration the first thing that pops into our mind is fun and frolic, partying, festivity, a gala, a fete, a festival or an achievement.
The last few months have been challenging. It has been challenging not only globally but also internally. We have had to face many challenges from social distancing, isolation to the fear of the unknown.
What will happen tomorrow? What will happen to ME tomorrow? What will tomorrow look like?? Are questions many of us have asked ourselves everynight before bed and every morning when we rise – and we continue to do so.
I have personally found that my challenge has been witnessed when my mind and heart did not, at times align. As my logic was overpowered by my emotions. Some of the emotions I experienced was a result of situations that were out of my control. I experienced changes emotionally and physically which impacted on my time and energy. Some areas I continue to work on and some I had to surrender and let go!
It all started a few months ago, at the end of September, I was running on the Embankment and I froze, it was the second time that this had happened. In that second the combination of the crispness in the air, a few autumn leaves beneath my feet and the sunlight from the rising sun brought a word to my mind – Transformation. Autumn is a season for transformation and change. It was time we all started changing our thoughts and behavioural patterns.
This idea of transformation leads to the aspect of reflecting, reevaluating, releasing and rewriting my life. Reflect upon this year, evaluate it, let go of thoughts and people who are stopping you from progressing emotionally and physically and finally rewrite and re-script your life the way you want it to be.
And now it is finally December, not just any December,’December 2020’. Time to celebrate you, your life, your journey, your spirit, your perseverance and your resilience.
Inshort, you survived your survival challenge!
My experiences in 2020 have led me to think and understand the meaning of how every single day is valuable and priceless. We often celebrate only after we achieve something in life. So the question arises ‘Why do I need to wait till I achieve something to celebrate?’
How would it feel like to celebrate my journey in life rather than focussing always on an outcome to celebrate?
What’s stopping me celebrating being in the here and now?
This very moment of time!
That’s how the topic for my December blog came to life ‘’ Season of celebrations – Celebrate your Life’s Journey’’
So, let’s celebrate ourselves and our lives. Celebrate…
- Our struggles
- Our triumphs
- Our fears
- Our joys
- Our adventures
- Our learnings
- Our success
- Our failures
- Our different chapters of life
- Our breath
- Our seasons
- Our moods
- Our mind and body
- Our support system
- Our dedication and motivation
- Our Spirit
- Our freedom to do whatever we wish
- Our power to choose
- Our power to say NO
- Our power to live our life on our terms
- The Art of Forgiveness
- The Art in showing Gratitude
- The Art in Giving
- Other’s success
- Other’s joy
In simple words, celebrate life even when you don’t feel like celebrating it.
Celebrate life when even nothing is going as planned!
Life is meant to be appreciated and it’s now the time to remind ourselves to treasure and admire it. Shift our focus from targets and the to do lists to just being in the moment and enjoying life.
So, what is it to surrender to consciously choosing?
When we consciously choose to celebrate everything in our lives no matter its size or degree of intensity and embrace our struggles, learnings and experiences we then live side by side with our achievements and joy.
We must first give ourselves permission to enjoy the process no matter what. We must give ourselves permission to be ourselves! We must give ourselves permission to fail and rejoice at the same time.
Sometimes, just acknowledging the fact that we are in the here and now and that we have made it this far in life no matter what – is enough of a reason to celebrate.
Few of the many things I practise to celebrate and experience rather than spend my every awake moment obsessing over circumstances and events in life are…
– Focus on ME’– This doesn’t not make me selfish, however in fact the opposite. If I have invested some time in putting myself first on my list of life, made time to follow my passions and things that put a smile on my Iips, I approach situations and people with compassion and empathy, as I am at peace with myself and feel joy.
– Make time and space in your life for family and friends – Spending time with loved ones, friends or family puts a smile on everyone’s face. Going down memory lane with an old school buddy or reminiscing over childhood tales make you reconnect with yourself. It helps us to realise we are cared for and also gives us a chance to show our loved ones we are there for them.
– Show Gratitude – Be thankful and show gratitude towards everything in your life. Gratitude for love, joy, achievements and also gratitude for learning when times are tough. Say thank you to those who supported you on your journey through life. Say thanks to the sun and moon. Show gratitude for everything. Start a gratitude journal or a jar.
– Smile – A smile costs nothing but it can uplift you. ‘Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush every fear and to hide every pain.’- Unknown
– Set intentions – Setting an intention is like putting out a thought, mantra, prayer or a manifestation of how you want your day or an event to turn out or how you want to be. It’s like your breathe …you cannot live without it
– ‘Patience is the mother of all virtues’ – This is so very true. Patience is the key to zen. It takes the edge away. You cannot control everything in your life or plan things to the minutest of details. Life rarely happens as per planned. Breathe, think of different ways of approaching the same situation, learn to adapt and be flexible. Take a step back and say it’s okay. Trust the process and take the learnings.
– Be Creative – Journal your thoughts and feelings. Be creative. Write a poem to celebrate you, create a piece of artwork or just experience the power of words. Write a movie script of how you like your life to be or on how your life has been. Magnify and amplify all the joys and tears. Celebrate everything as it has happened to you. It all matters.
There are so many ways to celebrate yourself and happiness, as long as it puts a smile on your face, it is the right way for you.
‘’You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection’’– Buddha
SO NOW, I ask you…
- Are you ready to celebrate your life’s journey?
- Are you ready to celebrate the joys and fears equally?
- Are you ready to celebrate just being in the here and now?
I would love to be part of your great journey to do this.
Let’s have a chat and I will show you how I can help you move forward in life and celebrate every small thing in your life with the same enthusiasm.
Before we start your coaching journey, it’s very important to explore if we are a good fit. Do we have that important coaching chemistry?
If what I have been saying on these pages speaks to you – then please book your free 30 min no obligation call with me NOW using the link below
I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Certified Coach CPCC
Transformational Life Coach